Full program description
The green wave of cannabis legalization continues across the United States. The growth of jobs in the cannabis field is predicted to reach 500,000 full-time jobs by 2023.* These jobs require a detailed understanding of the key aspects of cannabis and hemp production and retailing. The main focus of job growth will be in cannabis retailing (budtenders), cannabis and hemp processing, formulation, and cannabis and hemp horticulture. The Integrative Cannabis Specialist (ICS)™ micro-credential is designed to provide a foundation for the current and future jobs in the cannabis and hemp industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
- To compare an integrative and complementary view on the use of cannabis and hemp for health.
- To understand the importance of whole cannabis medicine and the effects of the entourage effect.
- To articulate the essential components of cannabis and hemp, including major cannabinoids, minor cannabinoids, terpenoids, and other constituents.
- To contrast the practical therapeutic uses of type 1, 11, and 111 chemovars of cannabis/ hemp.
- To summarize the safe use of cannabis and hemp medicine, including the cautions and concerns.