Certified Dietary Supplement Professional (CDSP)™ Exam Prep Program
Full program description
This four-course micro-credential is designed to prepare you to sit the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) Certified Dietary Supplements Professional exam and earn the CDSP™ credential.
This program covers all aspects of working with dietary supplements including micro and macronutrients; nutraceuticals including herbs, homeopathy, and medicinal mushrooms; anatomy and physiology related to the absorption and metabolism of dietary supplements; legal considerations for the use of dietary supplements; and holistic lifestyle modifications that a dietary supplements professional may use in their practice or working with customers in a retail setting.
Students complete the following four courses:
- Course 1: Anatomy, Physiology, & Biochemistry
- Course 2: Nutritional Support of the Body
- Course 3: Nutraceuticals
- Course 4: Legal Responsibilities
This program is completed fully online with the flexibility to study at your own pace.
You will need the following materials to complete this program:
- CDSPTM Study Guide: We recommend you download the CDSPTM Study Guide online here to review throughout this program so you'll be prepared when it's time to sit your exam.
- CDSPTM Dietary Supplement Quality Guide: We'll be studying this in Course 3 of this program on Nutraceuticals though you can download this now online here to review alongside the nutrients you will be studying in this course.
- The Complete Guide to Protein Powder Supplements article online here.
- Required Reading: To complete the Certified Dietary Supplement Professional (CDSP) Exam Preparation program, you will need the following required textbooks* (click to view on Amazon):
- The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs
- The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
- Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements: The Essential Guide for Improving Your Health Naturally
- Staying Healthy with Nutrition: The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine
- What's The Remedy For That?: The Definitive Homeopathy Guide to Mastering Everyday Self-Care Without Drugs
*Note not all of these textbooks will be used for each course, but you will have covered sections from each textbook when you complete this program. The required reading for each textbook is called out at the top of each lecture to support your learning.
Note: This micro-credential is for professional development and does not award academic credit. Non-credit micro-credentials are not accredited by DEAC.