Full program description
*Interested in making an installment payment for your course registration? Take advantage of ShopPay payment plans for micro-credentials through the Apothecary Shoppe College Store online here.
Program Learning Outcomes
This four-course micro-credential is designed to prepare you to sit the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) Certified Dietary Supplements Professional exam and earn the CDSP™ credential.
This program provides 360 hours of training and covers all aspects of working with dietary supplements, including micro and macronutrients; nutraceuticals, including herbs, homeopathy, and medicinal mushrooms; anatomy and physiology related to the absorption and metabolism of dietary supplements; legal considerations for the use of dietary supplements; and holistic lifestyle modifications that a dietary supplements professional may use in their practice or working with customers in a retail setting.
Students complete the following four courses:
- Course 1: Anatomy, Physiology, & Biochemistry
- Course 2: Nutritional Support of the Body
- Course 3: Nutraceuticals
- Course 4: Legal Responsibilities
This program is completed fully online with the flexibility to study at your own pace.
You will need the following materials to complete this program:
- CDSPTM Study Guide: We recommend you download the CDSPTM Study Guide online here to review throughout this program so you'll be prepared when it's time to sit your exam.
- CDSPTM Dietary Supplement Quality Guide: We'll be studying this in Course 3 of this program on Nutraceuticals though you can download this now online here to review alongside the nutrients you will be studying in this course.
- The Complete Guide to Protein Powder Supplements article online here.
- Required Reading: To complete the Certified Dietary Supplement Professional (CDSP) Exam Preparation program, you will need to purchase the following required textbooks* or may already have them in your library (click to view on Amazon):
- The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs ISBN 978-1588901576
- The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine ISBN 978-1451663006
- Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements: The Essential Guide for Improving Your Health Naturally ISBN 978-0761504108
- Staying Healthy with Nutrition: The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine ISBN 978-1587611797
- What's The Remedy For That?: The Definitive Homeopathy Guide to Mastering Everyday Self-Care Without Drugs ISBN 978-0984753420
*Note, not all of these textbooks will be used for each course, but you will have covered sections from each textbook when you complete this program. The required reading for each textbook is called out at the top of each lecture to support your learning.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and verified digital badge you can add to your resume or LinkedIn profile to showcase your expertise and knowledge. Enjoy your learning journey!
Note: This micro-credential is for professional development and does not award academic credit. Non-credit micro-credentials are not accredited by DEAC.