Full program description
*Interested in making an installment payment for your course registration? Take advantage of ShopPay payment plans for micro-credentials through the Apothecary Shoppe College Store online here.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the parts of mushroom anatomy and the importance of secondary phytonutrients.
- Understand the historical importance of psilocybin mushrooms.
- Articulate the indications and cautions for the use of psilocybin mushrooms.
- Understand the movement to legislate and legalize psilocybin mushrooms.
- Describe the role of the trip sitter, the best practices, and cautions.
- Describe the effects of psychedelics on brain function, chemistry, and neuronal firing.
- Understand the potential for psychedelic mushrooms in use in mental health and clinical care.
The Integrative Psilocybin Mushroom Specialist™ is a new 4-part micro-credential training (5 hours) on understanding the role and current research for psilocybin mushrooms in supporting chronic and complex problems related to mental health and stress.
With a rapidly changing landscape, Oregon and ACHS are leading the charge. Oregon Voters passed Ballot Measure 109 in November 2020, which legalizes the use of psilocybin mushrooms by trained professionals starting in January 2023.
This 4-course micro-credential provides a comprehensive foundation in the research and protocols for using psychedelic psilocybin mushrooms to support health and wellness. Each course covers a different aspect of psychedelic mushrooms, including mushroom basics, an overview of the default mode network, therapeutic uses, micro-dosing, safety and contraindications, and the role and best practice of trip sitting. Each course will take approximately one hour to complete and includes a video lecture, PDF slides, resources, and quiz.
This micro-credential is designed for educational purposes only and is not intended to train the student as a practitioner or psilocybin trip sitter. The use of psilocybin mushrooms is illegal in most states currently. Oregon is developing a legal use program by January 2023 for trained therapists, and opportunities may be available in other states.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and verified digital badge you can add to your resume or LinkedIn profile to showcase your expertise and knowledge. Enjoy your learning journey!
Note: ACHS micro-credentials are for professional development and do not award academic credit. Non-credit micro-credentials are not accredited by DEAC.