Full course description
In this micro-credential, you will learn about White Sage essential oil. This course discusses the benefits, safe and effective uses, and the cultural and historical significance of white sage.
This course also covers important sustainability issues with white sage and why using only cultivated sources is essential to the future of this plant. With this knowledge, you will be to advance the sustainable use of white sage in the herbal medicine and aromatherapy industry.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the characteristics and active constituents of white sage Salvia apiana including the plant's Latin name, family, history, parts used, cultivation and sustainability, harvesting, and production techniques.
- Recall the notable therapeutic actions and medicinal uses of white sage Salvia apiana.
- Recall the properties and characteristics of white sage essential oil, including its chemical components, aroma, and traditional uses.
- Explain the appropriate recommended daily dosage, cautionary measures, contraindications, toxic rating, and regulatory status of white sage Salvia apiana.
- Create effective formulas utilizing white sage Salvia apiana essential oil including wellness blends and formulas for household and perfumery uses.
This micro-credential is divided into modules and is designed to take approximately 5 hours to complete.
Bonus Practical: Shop cultivated, organically-grown, pesticide-free white sage essential oil online here to accompany this course. Use code WHITESAGE20 to save 20%.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and verified digital badge you can add to your resume or LinkedIn profile to showcase your expertise and knowledge of White Sage Essential Oil. Enjoy your learning journey!